Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Time after Time

Ever since I was a kid, I've had an incredible fascination with time travel.

Whether it was a book like HG Wells' "The Time Machine," TV shows like "The Time Tunnel" or "Star Trek," or the uber-popular "Back to the Future" movies, I wanted to know what it might be like to travel through time. Admit it, you really wanted to hop in Dr. Brown's tricked out DeLorean and crank up the "flux capacitor"!

(On the other hand, my wife Debbie would list "time travel" as one of her absolute turnoffs. There's nothing like the mention of "the time space continuum" to set her eyes rolling and her feet to leave the room!)

So what in the wide, wide world of sports does all this have to do with Jesus? Honestly, just about everything. You see, over and over the Bible describes God as eternal. When I start to think about it, it makes my head hurt. What are the implications of a God Scripture describes as "everlasting to everlasting" (Psalm 90:2)? Even the Lord Himself said to the Apostle John, "I am the Alpha and Omega--the beginning and the end...I am the One who is, who always was, and who is to come" (Revelation 1:8).

Join us this Sunday as we continue our series "Glorious" with a look at the eternal quality of God. I think you'll see that it has huge implications as we live our day-to-day lives. We might even fire up the DeLorean to 88 mph!

In Christ,
Jay

No comments: