Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Search Party

Ever watch a movie or TV show where they sent out a search party? Yeah, I thought so.

Well, we're sending out our search party from Freedom River. No, no one's life is in danger and Timmy didn't fall down the well. We're sending our search party (or should I say our Pastor Search Committee) on a mission of finding our next Senior Pastor.

The members of the PSC are Mark Blotzer, Kate Forgeng, JJ Swick and myself. We hope to add one more member to our merry band.

While it's certainly a daunting task to find the next man to lead Freedom River, we have to understand he's already been picked. He just doesn't know it yet. You see, God already knows who it is. The PSC simply needs to find out who that is.

Please be in prayer for our search party. Pray that the Lord would guide us as we begin to post our opening around the country in various ways. Pray that He would speak to us clearly as we receive resumes in the next couple of weeks. Pray for our next Senior Pastor that God's hand would be on him and protect him in this process. And most of all, pray that God's will be done and His name lifted high in the search process.

And we want to hear from you. Please let us know what you would qualities you would like to see in our next Senior Pastor. Drop me a line at jay@freedomriver.org and I'll pass it along to the rest of the gang. Your input is key to the process.

I know I've said this before, but let me say it again: I am NOT a candidate for the position. I will NOT be upset when God brings us our next Senior Pastor. I'm praying that he arrive sooner rather than later!

One reason I think the term search party is appropriate...when the search is over, we're gonna PARTY!!!

In Christ,
Jay

No comments: