Monday, September 29, 2008

No Words

No words.

I really want to say "thank you." But there are simply no nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs or conjunctions that will do the job. And "thank you" seems so shallow and so ineffective in communicating my gratitude to you. Let me try anyway.

Thank you SO much for the humbling opportunity to be your pastor. You showered me with so much love, grace and encouragement in my role of shepherd. While the past few weeks have been extremely difficult, the Freedom River family has made it an absolute joy. I really appreciate how you gave the "rookie preacher" a lot of rope.

No words.

Thank you SO much for the opportunity to be your worship leader. From the moment I walked in the door, I could sense a passion for worshiping Jesus, especially through music. You made it so easy. You allowed me to take chances and continually pulled for me to succeed. I will always cherish our Sundays singing and praising our Savior together.

No words.

There are a boatload of folks I wish there was space to mention, but I would like to specifically thank a few people...
The Worship Team--WOW! You guys have amazed me for seven years, not only with your gifts and talents, but your heart for Jesus.
Ross Turner--What a friend, mentor and brother in the Lord.
JJ Swick--Always there, never wavering...that's why he's Elder Rock.
Jay Izso--Gotta love a guy who'll speak hard truth with a soft heart.
Ryan Keeter--He loves Jesus and my daughter...a great combination.
Scott Barfoot--Thanks for your endless trust and support.

But most of all, I want to thank the two most important people in my life. First, my wife Debbie, absolutely the greatest wife and partner a man could ever dream of. Baby, you're the greatest.

Finally, I couldn't fathom doing any of this apart from Jesus. My Savior continues to do such amazing things right before my eyes. In the words of the Caedmon's Call song Lead of Love: "How You've made good of this mess I've made is a profound mystery."

See I told you. No words.

In Christ,
Jay

No comments: