Sunday, August 17, 2008

Every Breath You Take

What's your IQ? Who's the smartest person you know?

According to the Stanford-Binet IQ Test, some of the highest scores are Parade Magazine columnist Marylin Vos Savant (185) and chess champion Bobby Fischer (187). Some estimate DaVinci IQ at 220. But many experts believe that the smartest person to ever live was William James Sidis. Sidis read the NY Times at 18 months. He was fluent in eight languages by the age of eight. The Bible says that Solomon is the wisest human to ever walk the earth.

But all of those pale in comparison to our All-Knowing God. He knows every breath you take.

God gives us an amazing glimpse of His omniscience in 1Samuel 16:1-7. The LORD gives Samuel the assignment of anointing the Israel's next king. Samuel takes one look at Jesse's oldest boy Eliab, obviously a strapping young stud. Samuel's certain this is guy. God jumps to tell the prophet that while man looks at the outside, He looks at the heart.

The Bible gives us Five Facts of our All-Knowing God.

1-God knows EVERYTHING.
Once more He asked him, “Simon son of John, do you love Me?” Peter was grieved that Jesus asked the question a third time. He said, “Lord, You know everything. You know I love you.” Jesus said, “Then feed My sheep.” (John 21:17 NLT)

2-God knows everything ABOUT THE FUTURE.
“And do not forget the things I have done throughout history. For I am God—I alone! I am God, and there is no one else like Me. Only I can tell you what is going to happen even before it happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish.” (Isaiah 46:9-10 NLT)

3-God knows everything POSSIBLE.
“For if the miracles I did for you had been done in Sodom, it would still be here today.” (Matthew 11:23 NLT)

4-God knows everything ABOUT HIMSELF.
But we know these things because God has revealed them to us by His Spirit, and His Spirit searches out everything and shows us even God's deep secrets. No one can know what anyone else is really thinking except that person alone, and no one can know God's thoughts except God's own Spirit. (2Corinthians 2:10-11 NLT)

5-God knows everything ABOUT YOU.
O LORD, You have examined my heart and know everything about me.
You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my every thought when far away.
You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment You know where I am.
You know what I am going to say even before I say it, LORD. (Psalm 139:1-4 NLT)

“I am watching them closely, and I see every sin. They cannot hope to hide from me.” (Jeremiah 16:17 NLT)

“Your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask Him!” (Matthew 6:8b NLT)

Jesus knew their thoughts… (Matthew 12:25a NLT)


The amazing fact is that Jesus not only knows absolutely EVERYTHING about me, but that He still loves me despite what He knows!

There is no reason to play games, no reason to wear a mask, He knows you. He knows every breath you take.

In Christ,
Jay

From a sermon at Freedom River CC on Sunday, August 10, 2008.

No comments: